What’s your old family Bible worth? For the Calvert family of Mason, Lewis and Bracken counties in Kentucky, their family Bible was invaluable.
According to a 1911 article from the Lexington Herald, their old family Bible was the proof the descendants of Obadiah Calvert needed to connect their line back to the original Calvert family of Maryland. With the pending probate court action, the confirmed descendants would share in the $300,000,000 estate!
Do you have an old family Bible?
A word to the wise: Don’t let the information in your family Bible become lost to the family – as this Calvert family’s information almost was. Scan and upload copies of each page of the family register information and preserve it online.
Do it today.
Related Bible Articles:
- Family Bibles for Genealogy Research: What to Look For
- Family Digs Up Old Grave to Find Family Bible and Claim Fortune
- Rescue Mission: 4-Step Plan for Preserving Family Bible Records
- Frakturs & Family Bibles Can Provide Proof of Marriage
- The Bible: It Just Might Save Your Life – Literally
- William Richmond Family Bible: Horace Richmond (1852-1940)
- Genealogy Serendipity: Ancestor’s Bible & Journals Returned to Family