Every year we read about hurricanes raging toward the U.S. coast and nearby islands.This year’s hurricane season will be no different.
Take a minute to be prepared in the event a hurricane strikes your area.
You – your family – and your genealogy records are all depending on the steps you take to be prepared for the storm.
The Department of Homeland Security has issued tips for getting ready for a hurricane:
- Basic Preparedness Tips
- Preparing Your Home
- Hurricane Watch
- Hurricane Warning
- What To Do When A Hurricane Is 6 Hours From Arriving
- What To Do When A Hurricane Is 6-18 Hours From Arriving
- What To Do When A Hurricane Is 18-36 Hours From Arriving
- What To Do When A Hurricane Is 36 Hours From Arriving
- When There Is No Hurricane: Make A Hurricane Plan
Save your family history work by getting it online! See the related articles below for details on scanning, saving and preserving your genealogy research.